Messolonghi Ginning Mills
Following the pilot cooperation of Nafpaktos Textile Industry SA with the Agricultural Cooperative of Messolonghi during the ginning period 2021_21, in March 2022 the company proceeds to a long-term lease of the ginning unit of the Cooperative, in Neochori, Messolonghi.
Through this partnership and the integration in the companies of the group of a new ginning mill, in local relation with the spinning mill of Nafpaktos, we primarily aim to cover the needs of the company in raw material (cotton) for the new production line of the spinning mill, but also to strengthen our trade activities in ginned cotton. The partnership’s additional goals include:
– the strengthening of cotton cultivation in the wider region of Western Greece.
– the sustainable and quality cultivation of local cotton, in order to improve its technical characteristics, increase its production volume and its competitiveness through contract farming.
– the adoption of environmentally friendly production methods through the gradual training and integration of cultivators, in the standards of the Integrated Management System AGRO 2.0.
– the verticalization in the cultivation and processing of cotton until its spinning, within the prefecture.
– the effort to cultivate organic cotton in the area.